Here are some updates for the week ahead...
- Our vocabulary and grammar routine continue next week. Here is the breakdown:
Monday- all assignments given (vocabulary sentences, vocabulary assignment on Edmodo, grammar packet)
Tuesday- vocabulary sentences due (can be submitted on Edmodo or paper)
Thursday- vocabulary assignment (10 questions) on Edmodo due, grammar packet due
Friday- vocabulary and grammar quizzes
-This week's prefix is "mono-." Resources to review can be found on our class page on Edmodo or by clicking here.
-The wonderful Mrs. Schindler put together a document to help organize the routine assignments that occur each week. Students will be bringing home a copy of this suggestion on Friday or you can access it here. Students generally have time each day to start math assignments in class and have about 20 minutes of reading work time daily. As a result, some students may end up finishing some of the work on this suggested plan in class.
-This week, we also discussed examples of good study habits and we made a poster to hang in our classroom for the students to reference. One of our class goals this year is to develop good study habits that will help the students in middle school, high school, and beyond. Students received a copy of a list of good habits in class, and you can also find it here.
- Next week, students with numbers 1-12 have their next reading response letters due. This assignment should be completed in your student's reading response spreadsheet in their Google Drive accounts. It can also be accessed through Google Classroom. If your student has a class number between 13-23, their first assignment was due today (9/14) Any students 13-23 without that assignment completed today will need to submit a Late Assignment Warning and complete it over the weekend.
- The People of the Revolutionary War research assignment is due on Tuesday. Students received a note-taking sheet to help with planning their final paragraphs. Final paragraphs should be submitted by Tuesday at 9:15. Students have had time in class to work on this, but will not have significant class time on Monday to continue their work.
- School Picture Day is Thursday, September 20. Order forms were sent home with students last week. You can send your form back in or order online, whatever works best for your family!
- Fugleflick forms were sent home today (9/14), as well. If your student is interested in this club, please be sure to bring your form back Monday. Students are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, and spaces usually fill up quickly!
- Remember to return your student's Friday Folder on Monday. It should be returned signed and empty.
- Students brought home a Camp Duncan field trip form today (9/14). Please be sure to turn it in as soon as possible.
- Don't forget to fill out the survey indicating your conference preference. The email and link from our administrators is included below:
Parent Teacher Conference Time Preferences
We are planning for our parent / teacher conferences that will take place in October. With conferences across our school district taking place earlier this year than in past years, we are looking forward to being able to review your child's fall benchmark assessments and discuss your child(ren)'s learning goals and interests with you. Sibling conferences will be scheduled back-to-back whenever possible. Conference dates and times are as follows:
Thursday, October 18 8:15 AM - 7:45 PM
Friday, October 19 8:15 AM - 11:45 AM
We strongly encourage you to schedule your conference on the dedicated dates listed above and not on another date or time. Please use form on the link below to indicate your preference for the time of day and date of your conference by Friday, September 21. We ask that you complete one form for each child. A notice of your child(ren)'s specific conference times will be sent home by classroom teachers via backpack mail on Friday, September 28.
PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCE TIME PREFERENCE
Akemi Sessler, Principal and Stefanie Beane, Assistant Principal
Please let me know if you have any questions, and have a wonderful weekend!!