I also want to thank you all for the class gift for my birthday! I was truly touched by the sweet gesture. I feel extremely lucky to get to work with such wonderful families this year! :)
Here are some updates for next week:
- We'll be returning to our grammar and vocabulary routines next week! Sentences will be due on Tuesday. These can be submitted on Edmodo or on paper. The grammar packet and 10-question vocabulary assignment on Edmodo will be due on Thursday. Quizzes will be on Friday. Resources to review this week's root can be found in the folder on our Edmodo class page or by clicking here.
- Students with numbers 13-23 have their next reading response letters due on Friday. This assignment can be found in the students' Google Drive accounts. Just search "reading response" once logged into the school Google account. I will be sharing this checklist with the students next week to help them make sure that they include everything they need to in their reading responses.
- Remember to return your signed and empty Friday folder on Monday.
- Students retaking the Chapter 12 social studies test should come prepared Monday to do so. Resources to review were posted to the 5th grade page on Edmodo. Please fill out the retake reflection form (posted on the “folders” tab of our class page on Edmodo) to let me know you're planning to retake the test. Students who were "not meeting" standards on this test MUST retake on Monday. If your student was "developing" on the standard connected to this assessment, the retake is optional. Students who were "meeting" the standard do not need to retake. You student should have brought home an assessment form in his/her Friday folder to let you know how he/she performed on this test.
- Students in my math class brought home their Chapter 2 test this week. The retake for students "not meeting" or "developing" on the standards will be on Wednesday. Students who are retaking it should have already received a review packet to complete.
- The week of October 29, we will be starting Revolutionary War novel groups. Nothing you need to worry about this week, just a heads up that it is coming!
- If you have not yet filled out this form indicating your student's plans for lunch and the afternoon on Halloween, please be sure to do so. This helps us ensure all students are accounted for on this busy day!
Enjoy your weekend!