Scholastic book orders went home last week. They are due on October 15th. You can send in a paper order, or order online with the class code. Our class code to order online is QKRZL.
Next week the students are off on Friday, so we will have an adjusted grammar/vocabulary schedule. Here is what it will look like for next week:
Monday- all assignments given (vocabulary sentences, vocabulary assignment on Edmodo, grammar packet)
Tuesday- vocabulary sentences due
Wednesday- vocabulary assignment (10 questions) on Edmodo due, grammar packet due
Thursday- vocabulary and grammar quizzes in the afternoon
Resources to review next week's root, "-ped" can be found in the folders on our Edmodo class page or by clicking here.
- Students with class numbers 1-12 have their next reading response letters due Friday, October 5th. These letters should be completed in students' reading response spreadsheets in their school Google accounts. Even though the students do not have school on Friday, the expectation is that the reading log is still completed by 9am on Friday.
-Students do not have school on Friday, October 5th or Monday, October 8th. We come back on Tuesday, October 9th to go to our field trip to Camp Duncan. PERMISSION SLIPS AND PAYMENT ARE DUE MONDAY FOR THIS FIELD TRIP. Here are some things to remember (we will also email these reminders next weekend):
- We will be leaving first thing Tuesday morning. Please be sure your student arrives to school on time this day.
- We will be arriving back to Dryden approximately 6:00-6:30pm. Mrs. Sessler will update parents through School Messenger if this time varies. Please arrange your student's transportation home ahead of time, as they will not be able to call for pick up when we return. As it will likely be getting dark around this time, we are asking that all students have an adult pick them up when we return.
- We will be outdoors for the entire day. Please remind your student to dress for the weather. Students MUST wear long pants and gym shoes due to the number of activities that take place in wooded areas. Students should wear their 5th grade t-shirts, but should also be sure to bring a warmer layer or two as the morning will likely be cooler. In the event of rain, we may still do many activities outside, so please be sure to watch the weather and send appropriate gear. If there are thunderstorms, we will move to alternate indoor activities.
- Students need to bring a completely disposable sack lunch, unless one was ordered on the permission slip. Water will be available for students between activities, so they should not bring water bottles to carry throughout the day. We will not have a morning or afternoon snack, so please remind your student to pack a lunch that will sustain him/her for the day.
- Students should not bring cell phones or backpacks to school on Tuesday. They will not be allowed on the trip, and students will not have access to the classrooms upon our return.
Today your child should have brought home a confirmation form with your conference time. This is your scheduled time during our conference days in October. Please let me know ASAP if there is any conflict with your scheduled time.
If your child is in my math class, they can access the Student Textbook with this link and access the workbook with this link. They can access virtual manipulatives with this link.
-Here is an update from the LMC:
October 12, 2018
Dryden is very excited to host Megan McDonald, author of several popular series including Judy Moody, Stink, and The Sisters Club. She also has written a number of picture books and for the American Girl series. McDonald will share stories, a short presentation and her new book Judy Moody and the Right Royal Tea Party, on October 12th.
You can purchase personalized, signed copies of Judy Moody and the Right Royal Tea Party and other titles ahead of time. Please send order forms and payment back to school by Thursday, October 4th. The Book Stall will be coordinating the book signing and students will receive their books on the 12th.
Order form: https://tinyurl.com/ycvrcul6
Have a great weekend!